Search This Blog

Friday, September 7, 2018

Swedish Import!


So the plan is......

I've had itchy feet to travel around Australia for a few months now.  It's been 2 years already since riding in Iceland and Scandinavia...and I still haven't explored my own country!

Swedish friend Suzanne said she was up for a moto adventure in Australia, and Canadian friend Steve has also been wanting to do the same.  I was answering their questions at the same time on the internet as they were both asking me  about renting a bike.  For the length of stay they both intended, it makes no sense to rent a bike that long.

So!  What if.... we find a bike both of them like, and they each pay half.  They each ride it for around 3 months, and when both are finished, whatever we sell if for they split even-steven.  They both went for it, and now we own a 2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC.  Perfect!

My job was to check it out and have it here for when Suzanne arrives.  She originally picked the bike online and I loved it for 2 reasons.  One is for the Safari Tank.  Still my favorite accessory as I had always said. And in the Outback, there are very long distances between drinks, and we can do at least 500 km on one fill of fuel.  The second reason is that it's the same bike as mine.  So I know it a bit.. we both use the same tools, and fill up the same amount of fuel, it makes the trip just a bit easier.

I hope original Tony doesn't get jealous.. but he is still 'rusting in peace' and I think happy to do so... I think!

Tony!  You should clean off those spider webs before new people visit! 



New Triumph Tiger in the tribe!  He looks bass *** as well, we should all get on really well.

So.. now we need some visitor #1.. the Swedish Import,  Suzanne Zotterman from Gothenburg.



Everyone in Australia needs a plan for annoying flies.


Knowing we are going to be passing a lot of dead kangaroos, I might as well serve kanga for dinner to get her used to the locals.



Interesting story I learned while visiting Sweden a couple years ago.  Suzanne has a very tiny home, but in her home is the entire box set of McLeods Daughters (an Australian soap opera that finished filming years ago) One of her dreams is to see the film site (a farm called Drovers Run) and the local pub where they shot many scenes.


And a little bit of riding around the Barossa and McLeods Daughters farm.  A good chance for Suzanne to get used to the bike before we set off.



Canola Fields and Touratech Suits!

Next day the job was to get new tires so we have fresh ones for the journey.  While waiting I thought I might give that big black Honda Goldwing a try.



What an option!  This thing has reverse, air conditioning and an ice cream machine!  I'll take it!

Now... back to the serious stuff.  I just got a new phone.  A big switch, changing from Apple to Android.  How does the bloody camera self-timer work??


A good opportunity to work on prepping the bikes.. and camera... and everything else I am out of practice with.


Ah!  the timer worked..  I think we are ready to go..























No comments:

Post a Comment